Sunday, January 16, 2011

Party favors!

Who doesn't love to leave a party with a little sum-thin, sum-thin?  I know I do!  So, when it was my turn to host our friend's dinner for January, I immediately thought about party poppers.   You know, the kind you typically see at a New Year's Eve bash?  They are tons of fun to "pop" open and see what goodies are inside.  Oftentimes, though, what's inside are toys.  Because of this, I decided to make my own and wanted to share this how-to with you! 
The finished product!  I put '2011' on top to celebrate the start of a brand new year.   I put the favor on their table setting so they would immediately see that there would be a fun post-dinner treat in store.  Oh, the anticipation!
The salad plates were a flea market find.  They have little turquoise dots - a must have for me!



I bought these roses from Kroger for $5.99.  It's usually a weekly purchase for me.  I typically split up the bouquet and put a vase in the kitchen and one in the powder room.  It's a cheap way to add beauty in any room!  


My sweet friends displaying the poppers.


Party Poppers are fun...here is the proof.

...more proof.

Here we are, showing off our goodies...yes,  I made one for moi!  

The guts...

So true!

If you are interested in making Party Poppers, this is what you'll need.  

Cut the center of the toilet paper roll almost all of the way, leaving about a 1/2 inch uncut.  This allows for an easy 'pop'. 

Fill the rolls with goodies of choice.

Print and cut fortunes.  I Googled 'free fortune cookie sayings'.  If you're naughty, read aloud and say 'in bed' at the end.

Wrap the toilet paper roll.  The foil paper works best because it's shiny and easily twists at the ends.  Add your embellishment and you've got yourself a fun, hand-crafted party favor that is sure to add joy to your party.  Just think, if you burn your lasagna, no one will even remember!

I hope your 2011 is off to a great start!
xoxo, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment